BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I had a rough afternoon

This afternoon I was getting ready to get my things together to go home from work my my boss called me into her office. She had semi bad news.. Well news she knew that would make me upset. A parent went to the owner on Monday and told her that they feel like I am holding Jennah too much and that they are afraid I am showing favoritism towards her. It did upset me. It upset me for a few different reasons. Ok number 1 is I honestlly do not hold her that much. I feel bad b/c i dont hold her as much as I wish I could. Number 2 is Jennah is my baby.. My 1 and only. Please tell me how I am not going to show any type of favoritism. The parent said that I hold her even when I'm not feeding her.. They come in to pick up their child and I'm just playing with her. Ok so onto number 3, the evenings is my downtime. We only have a few babies so thats the time I can pick her up and play with her. I do the same thing at nap time and I also do the same thing with the other babies. I get down on the floor all of the time and play with them, or I will grab one of the smaller ones and play with them. I wish they can see me with the other kids.. So thats why it bugs me and hurts my feelings. I go the extra mile to please the unpleaseable.. I know I cant please everyone but it hurts my feelings when I dont. B/C I honestly do try. Most of my parents are great but of course you will always run into the ones that arent so great. I dont know.. I'ts just really bugging me. It shouldnt but it is. Its just when they do see me hold her, it is the one of the only times I do hold her. Like today I only changed her diaper once and the other teachers did it the other times and I fed her one bottle and another teacher fed her the other one. But oh well.. I'm done venting for now...

1 comments:

Amy said...

Holy cow! That's awful that anyone said that about you. You are so great with those kids. I've never thought you showed favoritism and I can't believe anyone else would think so. I'm so sorry you had a rough day. :( As far as Lorelai's nickname, I knew it wasn't intended to be mean. I thought the name was very funny. She DOES bite on everything. Always has.

P.S. If you ever need to chat my e-mail is
gilmoregirl729@bellsouth.net

See you soon!